Data Security is one of the aspects that cannot be ignored in legal transcription outsourcing. In a situation, when it is decided to outsource sensitive legal files to Legal Transcription companies especially based in another country, it becomes necessary to ensure that data remains safe. Legal data always is of immense value and thus a lawyer or a law firm could never afford it to get lost even accidently and would always like it to give in the hands of right person who could ensure safety & security of data. For this reason it is essential to hire a reliable company which could provide good legal transcription services to lawyers & law firms.
A reliable legal transcription company can be judged through several aspects for data security. A modern legal transcription company is expected-
- To use advanced transcription software,
- To have experienced legal transcriptionists
- To have arrangements to secure data.
- These days for data security, a new technology is being used which is as called data encryption technology. A good transcription service provider is expected to have security measures such as 128 bit SSL Encryption Technology for securing data.
- To comply with International Data Protection Laws,
- To have strict confidentiality and Non-Disclosure agreements with the working staff so as to ensure that staff don’t get involved in data theft,
- To have strict background checks on their staff.
- To restrict data access to working staff only
- To Keep regular backup of data to ensure that the data isn’t lost in any case
- Ensure that the transcripts are delivered to the clients with absolute security and should use secured FTP servers for data transfers.
A reliable Legal Transcription company would usually provide transcription of legal documents and proceedings such as legal letters, court proceedings, judgments, reports, briefs, legal pleadings, trials, arbitrations, memorandum and general correspondence in a secured manner. Transcription of court hearings, interrogations and wiretap recordings may also be available as part of legal transcription services. The transcription companies are expected to remain flexible and to tailor the requirements as per client needs.
These aspects along with others such as quality of service, price, turn around time etc. makes a transcription company a reliable transcription company.